Welcome to Layering Color and Texture in Procreate!
If you’re brand new to Procreate, I might suggest watching my intro level Procreate class, Procreate Basics: Keeping a Digital Sketchbook on Your iPad Pro. If you’ve already got the basics down and are looking to take your digital art to the next doesn’t-look-so-digital level then you’re in the right place!
In this class, I’m walking you through my entire process for creating the cactus garden illustration you see about this text. You’ll learn about how I layer color and texture to create illustrations that are bold and full of life.
Here’s the breakdown:
- You’ll see my sketch process, working from inspiration gathering to a rough sketch
- How I build a color palette for quick reference
- The various methods I use to build up flat colors with a first layer of texture
- How to add color contrast for added interest
- How to think about and organize groups when you’re working
- Building layers of texture and light
- Get a rundown of my favorite brushes, both native to Procreate and those I’ve purchased, and what i use them for.
- You’ll also get a PDF worksheet with a simple walkthrough of my process so you’ll be ready to start layering color and texture on your own right away.
Have fun and happy drawing!
Course Content: https://www.skillshare.com/classes/Layering-Color-and-Texture-in-Procreate/872259078